Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fear


Two nights ago I dreamed I was shot in the heart. I woke up and during the day I still had a pain in my chest that came when things were stressful. In the evening I saw a dying plant my dad gave me and felt like I was about to melt down completely. How I need the peace of Jesus! Today I'm ok, but still unduly stressed.

John 6:16-27. But he said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid."

A major antidote of fear is to acknowledge the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ with you at all times. Jesus still says to you, "It is I; do not be afraid." In this passage, the disciples had a problem rowing their boat. They saw Jesus walking on the sea. As soon as Jesus came into their company, the story changed. There was calm. They miraculously reached the shore in safety. The presence of Jesus with us today will drive away all fear-and he has assured us of his presence to the end of the world.

http://www.forwardmovement.org/todaysreading.cfm

4 comments:

Erika said...

Fear is probably my biggest issue, or rather a lack of trust in God. Thank you for the reminder. It doesn't matter who all is "in the boat" with me; only Jesus will give me peace. Hope He is filling you with peace today.

Anwen said...

Thank you.

Barbara said...

My prayers are with you; those kind of things can be upsetting. All we can do is to turn to God and ask for His peace...

Elizabeth said...

I hope you are feeling better. How know this feels!
Blessings,
Elizabeth