I love it when my hands are floury and I'm kneading dough! It's such a nice homey feeling.
2c self-rising flour
3/4 c warm water (about 130 degrees)
- Combine ingredients untill dough comes together.
- Knead 4-6 minutes on a floury surface. (Add flour as needed until dough is soft and moist but not too sticky.)
- Divide dough into 8 equal balls.
- Place balls of dough back in bowl and cover with cloth.
- Let rest 20 min.
- On a floured surface, roll out each ball into a very thin circle. Keep stack of uncooked tortillas covered with a cloth as you cook.
- Heat skillet to about medium-high. The tortillas should take about 10 seconds on each side and when a side is done it should have browns spots, so adjust heat accordingly.
- Fill with garlicy shrimp, cheese, lettuce, a bit of lime juice, and sour cream. Enjoy!
To make self-rising flour, thoroughly sift together:
8 c white flour, 5Tbsp baking powder, 2 Tbsp sugar, and 1 Tbsp salt.