Monday, November 10, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook





I saw this post on The Simple Woman and thought it might be fun to try.

Outside my window...The sky is cloudy-blue...the evening sparrows aren't out yet.

I am thinking...How can I get all these children through even one rehearsal of the Christmas play?

I am thankful for...my new Bible. I love how smooth it is, the new smell, the larger print and how every story seems different and new.

From the kitchen...Pacific northwest salmon chowder and rolls.

I am wearing...Soft brown corduroy pants and a home-sewn red calico top with tiny pink, white and blue flowers on a winding brown leafy vine.

I am creating...a white knitted blanket.

I am going...to ask about a German Shepherd puppy and to water my winter garden of romaine and spinach.

I am reading...Treasures of the Snow by Patricia St. John. It is a novel for children, but I love to re-read it every now and then. It is such a vivid invitation to make room for Jesus. And just GOOD READING.

I am hoping...to finish the chores on my Monday list. Then I can spend some time knitting and baking.

Around the house...it is empty and quiet, waiting for the evening family life.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Visit my Mom to make applesauce.
Work on a homemaking resource binder to give to my friend for her wedding.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


If you would like to participate or just read a lovely blog, visit:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: