Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My New Curtains!

Before.....(notice the differing lengths!)




And after...

I finally have the camera up and running again, so here are the pictures of my kitchen curtains before and after. they are very simple, I know, but that plaid sure makes me happy! And it was easy to sew since it had straight lines to follow.

My new blog background was done with a photo of my huband's kilt and a photo of bare trees. If you are new to blogging like I am and would like to try doing a background, here is a great site with step-by-step instructions for putting up a background or even making your own like I did.
http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/blog-secrets/144-how-to-make-your-own-background

Also--I was just reading blogs today and came across the neatest idea: making simple aprons out of vintage pillowcases! Check it out:

http://simplythisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2008/11/aprons-vintage-pillowcases.html

1 comment:

Anwen said...

how wierd, I just noticed that my walls look white already in the second picture.